A Note to Doctors and Other Healthcare Practitioners:
How I Can Help
You make dietary recommendations, but your patients are unable to follow through.
Because of a lifetime of fast food and dependence on microwave meals, many people do not have the skills to make dietary changes easily. A lack of cooking skills and a palate that craves the old foods can hinder success.
Here are a few ways I can help – with one or more of the following:
1. Cooking and baking in your patients’ homes.
2. Cooking classes in your patients’ homes.
3. Altering recipes according to your recommendations: For example, if a person needs to eliminate certain foods, I can work with them to determine a way to alter a recipe they crave. I can create the alteration in steps, moving toward the ideal.
4. Help patients transition to a healthier diet as gradually as they need to for success.
5. Create a plan to fade my help as your patients become more proficient in the kitchen.
6. I can cook meals in a family member’s home that they can bring to the hospital or rehab, or I can deliver them for an extra charge.
Let’s talk to see if I can help your patients meet their health goals.
or Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line: Altered Recipes
I look forward to speaking with you.
107 Lancaster Street
Marietta, OH 45750