Hi Carol and Jim! I’m so happy to help you meet your health goals by cooking the healthiest version of your likes! Below this section you’ll find some different options for menu items that can be altered to your likes. I mostly cook vegetarian, but the proteins in these recipes can be swapped out for anything else. Alternatively, you can choose a vegetarian main meal and your choice of meat. I’ll make a smaller version of the vegetarian meal to go along with it. This will be considered your main dish.
Based on our conversation regarding salads and breakfast, I have some ideas:
BREAKFAST: I can come once a week to make salads for the week and mix breakfast items for you to either warm up or whiz in the blender. For example, I can wash, cut and mix fruit and protein mix in milk for two days, and wash, cut and freeze fruit for three days and put these in little baggies. I would do these first so that I can put them on a tray in the freezer while I do the rest of the food. By the time I’m done, they should be frozen and I will put one day’s smoothie fruit in a baggie and make 3 to 5 of these – whatever amount you’d like. I can also mix the protein mix and milk together into bottles so all you’d have to do is put them in the blender with the fruit in the baggy.
For Jim, I can make a couple healthy versions of gravy and biscuits. I can also mix a granola free of unhealthy oils and sugars if either of you would like that. I have different whole grain or gluten free pancake recipes too. I even have a keto version. I can make the pancake mix and put it in mason jars, or cook them up, wrap and freeze.
I’m thinking I can charge $25 for the smoothies and an extra $10 for the gravy and biscuits if I buy the biscuits. It might be best to keep one thing the same as you’re used to for now since I’ll be making the gravy a bit differently.
An extra $15 for each extra item beyond these two, including mixing the pancake batter, but $20 if you want pancakes cooked up.
SALADS: Add $15 If you want me to make a single type of salad for the week along with the breakfast. If all you want is for me to come and make salad, $25 for a single type for all five days. Add $10 per extra. For example, I can make a coleslaw with carrots, cabbage, apple and ginger, a celery/apple salad, and a green salad. The coleslaw lasts longer than the green salad. The apples don’t turn brown if coated with oil, so the apple celery also lasts longer than a green salad. For the three salads, it would cost $45.
Of course, this will depend on whether or not I have a slot open. I could do these on Sundays since it wouldn’t be a full day and I normally don’t schedule anything on Sundays.
Main Dish suggestions:
(I will make a potato soup in your crockpot. I’d like to know what you’d like me to change after tasting it. This is an extra and not counted as one of the 5×4 meals.)
Hot open-faced sandwich: Brown gravy with meat and veggies of your choice, or other proteins (chick peas, edamame, tempeh, tofu, beans). Alterhatnively, it can be a white sauce.
Coconut-lime salmon (or tofu)
Baked cauliflower (If Jim has his mom’s recipe, you can send it to me. Otherwise, I’ll make one up. I know cheese is an important ingredient.)
Fajita (you choose the veggies and meat/protein. I will cook them almost done so that when you heat it, it won’t be overdone.) Rice on the side is not considered a side, just part of the meal. I will cook brown rice and white rice just in case you don’t like the brown rice.
Baked chicken (and/or tofu) with mashed potatoes (not considered a side) and gravy [keto version: mashed cauliflower and gravy]
Extra sides: $10 per side. This is not an extra serving, but a different side – a sixth choice. So say you wanted a different side added to one of your 4×5 meals, then I’d have to make another item.
You can also choose from the items below or tell me if something isn’t on here.
What I'm Known For:
Deliciously altered recipes, specific to your needs
Main Dish Meals
Main Dish Options: (choose 3 to 5)
- Your favorite recipe – just ask
- Request to add or replace an ingredient - for example a protein such as salmon
- Tamale Pie (Depends on finding organic cornmeal to avoid GMO)
- Hungarian Nut Loaf - made with lentils, nuts, vegetables and seasonings, Topped with a roasted red pepper and tomato sauce (resembles a meat loaf - delicious)
- Coconut lime salmon, tofu or tempeh
- Fried Rice w/vegetables and choice of protein (tofu, chick pea, tempeh, jackfruit, cashews, other). Brown or black rice or combo.
- Pot pie (vegetables and choice of protein) or open face sandwich
- Pizza – Tell me what you want on it! (Whole grain crust – or gluten free)
- Black Bean Enchiladas (avocado depends on availability of ripe avocados)
- Chick pea "crab" cakes
- Scrambled tofu (onions, garlic, small bits of other veggies, nutritional yeast flakes and turmeric in recipe with pasta, rice or potatoes. Or can be served with Ezekiel bread or English muffins, or homemade unleavened bread.
- Garbanzo bean (or other protein/meat) stew with veggies
- Sweet & Sticky Tofu with Baby Bok Choy
- Stir fry with brown rice
PASTA options: zoodles (sliced zucchini or sweet potato), whole grain, gluten free, or anything available in a grocery or nature food store.:
- Penne with sundried tomato cream sauce
- Spaghetti & “meat” balls (made with nuts/vegetarian or meat)
- Mac & “Cheese” (with or without a nut base) When real cheese is used, it will be pasture raised
- Spaghetti with sesame/ginger and veggies
- Pasta with sauteed and seasoned chick peas and veggies of your choice
- Lasagna - customizable
Sides and Salads (choose 3 to 5):
- Cabbage/carrot/apple salad with ginger
- Rosti (Swiss potato pancakes)
- Baked acorn squash wedges
- Mashed potatoes and gravy
- Baked or roasted potatoes
- Honey glazed roasted sweet potato
- Roasted carrots with butter and dill.
- Steamed vegetables (partially steamed and then frozen) with sauce or dressing
- Apple/celery salad with walnuts
- pasta salad - customizable
(Salad dressings included, Can be made with any healthy oil.)
Soups: (soup can be a side, a main dish or an extra)
- Tofu potato chowder
- Potatoe cheese soup
- cream of celery and potato soup
- Minestrone soup
- Sweet potato lentil soup (with tomato and veggies)
- Creamy tomato quinoa soup
- Butternut squash coconut soup
- Mushroom vegetable soup
Sandwich fillings: (sandwich fillings can be a side, a main dish - along with bread - or an extra) Now and then, I'll give you a sample so you know what some of these items taste like.
- Sauteed tofu slices
- Baked marinated tempeh
- Chicken salad
- tuna salad
- Tofu salad (similar to tuna salad)
- Garbanzo bean salad (mashed, similar to tuna or chicken salad)
- Humus varieties: Olive, onion/garlic, roasted red pepper
- Cashew cheese
- Walnut spread
- Falafel with sesame tahini dressing.
- Soup for crockpot for day of cooking
- Dessert – extra $10
- Four loaves of whole grain or gluten free baked bread: $25 (Gluten free loaves are smaller and more dense.) or $7 per loaf.
- Other -- Special requests
For Customized quote, questions, or scheduling, message or call me. Below is a general example for pricing but may not reflect your menu choices.
You can choose:
- Main dish meals
- Extras – extra charges detailed above
- Number of each. The following is a general example:
- Light service is 3 meals (3 x main dish, 3 x sides) -starts at $250 + groceries for two people (Note: minimum for service is $250, but I can cook enough for two weeks at a time, and a little extra for four weeks' meals.)
- Regular service is 5 meals (5 x main dish, 5 x sides) -starts at $350 + groceries for two people.
- Decide if you want weekly (meals for a week), every two weeks (meals for two weeks) or monthly (meals for four weeks).
- Send me your dietary restrictions or doctor’s orders. All menu items will be altered to fit your needs.
Desserts (choose 1 or none): Sweeteners: stevia, erythritol, monkfruit, fruit, maple syrup, organic sugar if desired. I try to help people avoid highly processed sugars.
- Fruit salads – Depends on season and availability of fruit
- Baked apples
- Pumpkin pie
- Brownies – choose from: low carb/keto chocolate, traditional chocolate, carob
- Apple cake Frosted with nut cream
- Oatmeal-raisin Cookies
- Tofu “cheesecake"
- Have a special request?